What is the Adventure Pass Program?
- A partnership between participating Iowa public libraries and museums, parks and other attractions.
- An avenue for libraries to expand access to knowledge, information and learning for their patrons through an online reservation system.
- A way for community partners to share what they have to offer with a broader audience.
- The Adventure Pass Program is funded by the Friends of Winterset Library.
Borrowing a Pass
- Passes are available by clicking the Adventure Pass logo below.
- Reservations can be made up to 90 days in advance.
- Library card holders 18 years old and over who are in good standing with their library are eligible to borrow an Adventure Pass.
- Patrons may only check out 1 pass for each venue per 365 days.
- Reservations may be cancelled through the library up to the day before the reservation.
- Patrons reserve the pass online by entering their library card number. They must present the printed reservation confirmation page and a valid photo ID for admittance to each venue.
- The pass is valid for the reserved date only, and admits 2 adults and 2 children to the venue. Additional attendees must pay regular admission prices at the door.
Current Partners Include
See notes indicating what ages are considered “child” and “adult” for your pass, which allows entry for two adults and two children or youth. Regular admission applies if there are additional people in your party.
- Blank Park Zoo (age 2 and under free, child = age 3-12, adult = age 13-64, seniors are age 65+)
- Brenton Skating Plaza (child = age 6-12, adult = age 13-61, seniors are age 62+)
- Des Moines Children’s Museum (admits 4 children between ages 1-10 – there is no admission charge for those under 1 or over 10)
- Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden (age 3 and under free, youth = age 4-17, adult = age 18-64, seniors are age 65+)
- Grout Museum District (age 3 and under free, child = age 4-13, adult = age 14+)
- Figge Art Museum (age 3 and under are free, child = age 4-12, students with high school or college ID get a discount, adults = age 13-59, seniors are age 60+)
- National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium (age 2 and under are free, youth = age 2-17, adult = age 18-64, seniors are age 65+)
- Reiman Gardens (two adult admissions plus any children or grandchildren under 18)
- Science Center of Iowa (age 1 and under free, child = age 2-12, adult = age 13-64, seniors are age 65+)